Monday, February 04, 2008

Silent Invasion

I must say, I'm a little concerned at the number of pleats I've seen lately. I mean, one here. One there. It may seem harmless enough but I just can't help feeling a sense of impending doom when I come across something like this

Oh, but look how they tug.

I really hope pleats don't come back. My stomach pooches enough on it's own. I don't need a little bowl on the front of my pants for my flab to sit in. I mean honestly.

Not to disrespect Old Navy, of course. I do love this and this and this (ooh it's like buttah). But pleats? I just don't think I can relive it. We shudder with fear at what we wore in the 80s for a REASON, PEOPLE.

Take a long hard look.

Do you really want to go there again? It's a natural progression, and it's only a matter of time.

Just say no.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Ha! You know, pleats don't look good on anyone. Who wants an extra pucker, especially in the belly region?!

I'm glad I finally got to check out your blog. The post about your grandma made me sad. I hope you're doing ok.